Our comprehensive stroke program strictly follows the American Stroke Association’s guidelines, using evidence-based medicine to treat each unique patient. Adherence to the latest scientific treatment ensures we consistently deliver high quality patient outcomes which exceed national benchmarks.
Roper St. Francis Healthcare patients diagnosed with stroke have shorter hospital stays, higher rates of functional independence post tPA treatment, lower mortality rates and exceptional patient satisfaction ratings.
Roper Hospital was the first in the Lowcountry to be recognized as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission, followed by Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital, so our team is highly experienced.
Patients receive personalized care from an experienced team of physical, occupational and speech therapists to help them recuperate. Stroke support groups are also available.
- Two Joint Commission Advanced Primary Stroke Centers
- 24/7 neurohospitalist and neurosurgical coverage
- Expansive telestroke and teleneurology for rapid examination, review and treatment
- Rapid Response Team available 24/7 at all four facilities
- Stroke specific educational programs for staff
- Targeted education by the Stroke Nurse Navigator
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) stroke certified rehabilitation hospital
- EMS Outreach Coordinator/Lifelink paramedic (Roper St. Francis Healthcare owned)
- Comprehensive imaging capabilities
- Community outreach/education