Several qualifications must be met in order for home care services to be covered by Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance companies including:
- Patient must be under the care of a doctor who has given orders for home health services.
- Patient must have had a visit with their doctor for the reason home health is needed. This visit must occur up to 90 days prior to home health starting or within 30 days of the first home health visit.
- Patient must be homebound, which means they are unable to leave the home without assistance to receive medical care.
- Patient must have a need for intermittent skilled services of a nurse, physical or speech therapist.
- Live in Berkeley, Charleston or Dorchester counties.
Additional admission criteria may apply depending on insurance coverage guidelines or type of service to be provided. Our staff will be glad to assist you with verifying your eligibility for home health services and insurance coverage.
Roper St. Francis Home Health is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call (843) 402-7000.