Roper St. Francis Healthcare in partnership with Healthy Tri-country along with communities and other key partners are working together to improve the health and well-being of individuals in the Tri-country.
We're committed to promoting cultural awareness and understanding across our healthcare system and strive to develop an atmosphere that values each person’s cultural, spiritual and emotional needs and considers their barriers to equal healthcare, no matter what. We believe that healthcare is a right, not a privilege.
Roper St. Francis Healthcare offers a list of services to consider the needs of our patients and programming for our teammates.
As the demographics of our patient population change, we are offering more healthcare interpreting options, such as TransPerfect and Stratus, to support equal access to care for people with hearing loss or limited English proficiency.
Cultural competency and unconscious bias training
Our diversifying patient population brings unique cultural beliefs, values and healthcare expectations. With our continued focus on patient safety and quality care, we are creating an environment that provides culturally appropriate care to all patients.
We have a team of senior leaders, doctors and teammates who work together to improve the care experiences of those identified as priority populations, including:
- Active Military & Veterans
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT+)
- People with Disabilities
- Suppliers Diversity
Diversity and Inclusion Council
The council is diverse group of teammates from across the system who are committed to:
- Supporting a culture that is inclusive and respectful of the various backgrounds and cultures reflected in our patients, workforce and the community.
- Embracing and adopting different perspectives, talents, knowledge and experience to accomplish Roper St. Francis Healthcare’s goals and objectives.
- Identifying, recommending and promoting inclusive diversity strategies that support fairness, equality and the achievement of our mission.