- Ordering professionals
- Ordering proxies: designated clinical staff operating under the direction of the Ordering Professional to perform the consultation
[source: CareSelect Imaging - Open Access]
What AUC information must be included with Advanced Imaging orders:
- AUC Modifier (MA-MF)
- G Code indicating which qualified Clinical Decision Support Mechanism (qCDSM) consulted
- Provides evidence-based decision making at time of advance imaging exam order - enabling the most efficient and effective use of advanced imaging studies to improve quality of patient care.
- Participation is a high-weighted Improvement Activity for providers participating in CMS Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) program.
- In the future, CMS will identify ordering professionals who routinely do not provide required AUC information (aka: Outliers) and impose additional prior authorization requirements for further advanced imaging exams.
[source: ACR - Clinical Decision Support]
How can I obtain required AUC Information for my Advance Imaging Orders?
- Consult via EMR with integrated qCDSM -> ask your EMR vendor if qCDSM is integrated.
- Consult via Stand-alone qCDSM ->
CareSelect Imaging Open Access is available to you free of cost.
Register for CareSelect Imaging Open Access:
- Go to http://openaccess.careselect.org/registration to begin the registration process.
- On the registration page, create an account and provide basic information including name, e-mail, NPI, and a few other informational details.
- After submitting the registration, confirm your account by following directions as outlined in the confirmation email.
- The last step of the registration process before gaining access to the AUC content will be accepting the End User Licensing Agreement.
- https://openaccess.careselect.org after registration to obtain required AUC Information.
- Include AUC information along with Advanced Imaging Order when sending to Roper St Francis Healthcare.