Careful attention to these instructions will help ensure your comfort throughout the procedure and reduce the possibility of complications.
The day before your surgery
- Please call your surgeon if you get sick, develop a fever or need to cancel your surgery.
- If you suspect that you may be pregnant, please notify your doctor.
- Make arrangements for someone to drive you home and stay with you 24-hours after your surgery.
- Follow all instructions provided to you by the pre-op nurse regarding eating and drinking.
- Please refrain from drinking alcohol or smoking.
The day of your surgery
- Take no medication the morning of surgery unless instructed to do so by the pre-op nurse or your surgeon.
- If you were unable to provide a complete list of your medications and dosages to the pre-op nurse, you will need to bring all of your medications with you.
- Wear comfortable, casual clothing. Do not wear makeup, nail polish or contact lenses; if you wear contact lenses, please bring the lens case with you.
- Leave all valuables, including jewelry, at home.
- Bring your insurance cards, picture ID and co-pay.
If you have any questions before or after your surgery, please contact us at (843) 958-2625.