Diagnosing urologic cancer
At Roper St. Francis Healthcare, our team of expert doctors uses the most advanced imaging, molecular and pathologic techniques to evaluate and diagnose urologic cancers.
Urologic cancer treatment
Our surgeons have a high level of expertise treating urologic cancers. Using the latest treatment options, we provide the highest quality care and aim for the very best outcomes. Your individualized treatment plan will be developed based on the characteristics of your tumor and your overall health, possibly including:
- Surgical resection, either robotic, minimally invasive laparoscopic resection, or open
- Interventional therapy – including cryotherapy, radio frequency ablation, and irreversible electroporation
- Chemotherapy – shrinks or kills cancer with powerful medications that may be given in pill form or through IV infusion
- Targeted therapies – treatments that block specific signals to the cancer cells and their environment
- Immunotherapy – treatments that harness the body’s own immune system to halt cancer
- Radiation – shrinks tumor before surgery and reduces risk of recurrence after surgery
- Intravesical chemo- or immune-therapy for bladder cancer
- Clinical trials for patients who meet criteria.
Multidisciplinary care plan
The treatment plan of most patients is discussed and agreed upon at a case presentation conference attended by the experts in all facets of urologic cancer care.
Cancer support services
The cancer journey is often frightening, confusing and overwhelming – often involving physical, financial and emotional challenges for you and your family. From diagnosis to survivorship, we have numerous resources available to support you during your cancer journey, including the holistic services provided by the Donna Fielding Cancer Wellness Institute.
Learn more about our support programs for urologic cancers.