Known for compassionate, quality care, Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital traces its mission back to 1882 when five Sisters of Charity of Our Lady of Mercy opened St. Francis Infirmary in downtown Charleston as the first Catholic hospital in the state. Now affiliated with the Bon Secours Health System, Inc and relocated to an expansive oak-graced campus West of the Ashley, Bon Secours St. Francis offers the latest medical technology and comprehensive acute care while honoring its commitment to caring for the “whole person” – physically, spiritually and emotionally.
Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital offers:
- 204 beds
- 24 hour full-service Emergency Room, with Care Express for minor illnesses and injuries
- Award-winning birthing suites and labor/delivery units, with comprehensive Women’s and Children’s Services
- Roper St. Francis Cancer Center, with comfortable infusion centers, diagnostic, imaging and radiation therapy
- A distinguished Magnet-certified nursing program
- Numerous Centers of Excellence, including Neuro-Stoke and Orthopedics
- Bariatric surgery
Learn more about all the outstanding facilities and comprehensive services on the Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital campus.