Life After Gastric Banding
Excess Weight Loss
Gastric banding patients typically lose 50-55% of their excess weight in the first two years of surgery.
Studies found that gastric banding:
- Resolved Type II diabetes up to 70% of patients within two years of having surgery
- Resolved high blood pressure in 38.4% of patients
- Improved high cholesterol in 78.3% of patients
Quality of Life
Many gastric banding patients who have significant weight loss experience:
- Improved overall quality of life
- Improved physical functioning and appearance
- Improved social and economic opportunities
Gastric Banding Recovery
The Bariatric & Metabolic Services team will advise you when to resume normal activities and when to return to work. You are encouraged to take four weeks away from work. You will need this time to focus on a new way to eat and get accustomed to a new way of life.