Roper St. Francis is blessed with a team of more than 500 active and dedicated volunteers. If you are energetic, positive and compassionate, consider contacting us about current opportunities. Available positions change frequently so contact the volunteer coordinator in the facility of your choice to discuss where you might best be of service. Although many volunteers come two or three days a week, we ask that you plan to serve a four-hour shift once a week on a regular basis.
The volunteer application process includes:
- Interview and application
- Scheduled orientation session and hospital tour
- Letter of recommendation from an adult who knows you well (not a relative)
- Two step TB testing
- Criminal background check
- Uniforms and placement
- Introduction and training in your assigned work area
Orientation sessions are held frequently. To learn about available opportunities, please contact the volunteer coordinator at the facility of your choice.
2015 Annual Report for Volunteer Services