Roper St. Francis offers comprehensive cardiac wellness and rehabilitation programs for recovering cardiovascular patients and/or people working to prevent heart disease. Our specialized cardiac rehab facilities at both Roper Hospital and Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital feature a full range of cardio and weight-training equipment and rehabilitation/exercise professionals offering supervised exercise, nutritional counseling, education and group support.
Specially-trained staff is available to evaluate your risk factors and develop an individual plan to improve your overall fitness. An educational series (in four phases, depending on severity of risk factors and/or disease) provides information on heart disease prevention, medications, nutrition and stress management.
Our Phase II program for those recovering from heart attack, stent(s), bypass surgery, and/or valve replacement/repair surgery includes:
- ECG-monitored exercise
- Exercise plans tailored to your ability and unique limitations
- Cardiac risk reduction education
- General health education on topics such as dietary choices, heart function, stress reduction and identifying personal cardiac risk factors
- One-on-one consultations may be scheduled with our dietitian, cardiologist, psychologist or vocational rehabilitation counselor
The Phase III program is for those who require extra assistance after the Phase II program or who may be entering the program after a heart problem that occurred more than one year ago. These patients typically require less monitoring. Educational groups and consults may be recommended at this level.
Phase IV a maintenance program for individuals that have completed our Phase II program or individuals that have had a heart problem in the past or are being treated and having issues with blood pressure, blood sugars, heart rhythm or pulmonary limited shortness of breath.
The HeartFitness program is a structured exercise plan including an annual formal evaluation and an additional coaching session for people with no history of heart disease and with well-controlled blood pressure, blood sugar, heart rhythm and breathing during exercise. Personal Training is also available at the Roper Cardiac Wellness and Rehabilitation location.
Cardiac Rehab Staff
Roper St. Francis Cardiac wellness and rehabilitation programs are administered by a multidisciplinary team including:
- A cardiologist, who serves as medical director, oversees program operations and assures an optimal and safe treatment plan
- Cardiac rehab nurse
- Exercise specialist
- Vocational rehabilitation specialist and behavioral counselor
- The referring doctor, an essential link in the patient’s care
The extent of coverage depends on your insurance company and particular policy. Program fees vary according to the patient’s rehabilitation phase.
How to Make a Referral?
For more information or to make a referral, please call Roper Cardiac Wellness and Rehabilitation Center at (843) 724-2993
or St. Francis Cardiac Wellness and Rehabilitation Center at (843) 402-1271