Roper St. Francis offers a range of employment opportunities for nurses. These include full, part-time and as needed positions at Roper Hospital
, Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital
, Mount Pleasant Hospital
, our primary care and specialty physician practices and other outlying locations. The Roper St. Francis Foundation
supports our committed, high performing nurses interested in advancing their career with our tuition reimbursement scholarship program.
Mobile Resource Pool at Roper St. Francis
The Mobile Resource Pool is a system-wide nurse float pool for Roper
, Bon Secours St. Francis
and Mount Pleasant
hospitals that rewards clinical skill and commitment to flexibility. RNs may choose from several options designed to give personal choice of salary, schedules and float requirements to best meet your lifestyle and career needs.
Mobile Resource Pool options include:
- A minimum hourly commitment of 24 hours per pay period
- A minimum weekend commitment of one shift per 4 weeks (change to 6 weeks)
- Eligibility for shift, weekend and holiday differentials
- Additional compensation for floating between specialty areas
RN Residency Pipeline
Roper St. Francis is committed to nurturing and assisting new nurses as they develop and refine clinical skills and critical thinking. The RN Residency Pipeline consists of recent nursing graduates working alongside the supervision of a Clinical Coach-Registered Nurse throughout their entire individualized orientation to build competence and enhance professional growth.
The Residency Pipeline position is a full-time, benefit-eligible position which can last up to one year. Once the 12-14 week orientation is complete, Residency Pipeline RN’s will have the opportunity to learn first about new available unit-based positions. If a unit-based position is not obtained within the year, the RN can hold a position in the Mobile Resource Pool.
The program requires applicants to have a current license as a Registered Nurse in the state of South Carolina or other recognized compact state. The candidate must be a graduate of an accredited school or college of nursing. BSN is preferred, or required within five (5) years of hire date. The RN Residency positions are posted based on availability on our Careers section. The orientation consists of a 12-14 week core curriculum with additional training provided for specialty tracks.
Residency Program Benefits:
- The Nurse Residency Pipeline curricula support the unit-based, precepted clinical orientation with evidence-based classroom, simulation, and socialization experiences that effectively transition new graduates to clinically competent, engaged teammates who provide excellent nursing care.
- The Nurse Residency Pipeline Acute Care and Specialty tracks support Roper St. Francis practice settings with evidence-based curricula that prepare and engage new graduate nurses.
- The Nurse Residency Pipeline prepares new graduate nurses to grow professionally alongside the clinical ladder process
Student Nurse Externship Program
The Roper St. Francis Student Extern Program is a paid program that fosters the development of a student’s nursing skills and enhances future success in the nursing profession.
- Insight into the role of an acute care RN
- Improved self-confidence, critical thinking and problem solving
- Enhanced clinical competence
- Role modeling from experienced RNs
- Time management skills
Program Dates and Application Deadlines
- Currently enrolled in an accredited Baccalaureate Nursing Program (August 2016 – August 2017 graduates)
- Successful completion of fundamentals and medical-surgical clinical course or equivalent prior to start of Extern Program
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Application, resume and cover letter stating reasons candidate believes he/she should be selected for the position
- The Student Nurse Externship Program starts the end of May and lasts 10 weeks.
- Applications for the Summer 2016 session will be accepted from December 15, 2015 – January 15, 2016.
Student Externship Program FAQ's