Our health and well-being are intimately tied to the health of the ecosystem. Human activities have a profound effect on ecosystems, with complex and dynamic implications for livelihoods, human health and sustainability.
Roper St. Francis is committed to improving its role in the environment by reducing the system's carbon footprint through effective waste management and recycling and through the reduction of energy use. RSF will move towards the use of sustainable products and resources and will develop a culture of sustainability and awareness with its staff, patients and visitors.
Environmental Commitment Statement
As responsible and concerned citizens of South Carolina, Roper St. Francis and its employees demonstrates a commitment to protect and preserve the environment by promoting cost-effective business practices consistent with the following principles:
- We will meet or exceed all environmental laws and regulations.
- We will support and encourage recycling of the materials used within the hospital.
- We will minimize waste and ensure that contaminated waste is disposed of in a safe and responsible manner.
- We will eliminate emissions of toxic or dangerous substances into air, water, or earth.
- We will encourage the use of alternative transportation We will purchase products which contain recycled materials, are recyclable or reusable and cause the least environmental harm during manufacturing, use and disposal.
- We will pursue the conservation of water resources and energy efficiency.
-The Green Team