Surgical patients will be contacted by one of our pre-operative (pre-op) nurses prior to the day of your procedure. You will be asked about your medical history including medications and dosages, schedule any necessary tests and give you specific instructions regarding your surgery.
You will also be contacted by a representative from our business office to verify your insurance benefits and discuss billing. Your surgeon, anesthesiologist and pathologist will bill you separately.
Careful attention to these instructions will help ensure your comfort throughout the procedure and reduce the possibility of complications.
The Day Before Your Surgery
- Please call your surgeon if you get sick, develop a fever or need to cancel your surgery.
- If you suspect that you may be pregnant, please notify your doctor.
- Make arrangements for someone to drive you home and stay with you 24-hours after your surgery.
- Follow all instructions provided to you by the pre-op nurse regarding eating and drinking.
- Please refrain from drinking alcohol or smoking.
The Day of Your Surgery
- Take no medication the morning of surgery unless instructed to do so by the pre-op nurse or your surgeon.
- If you were unable to provide a complete list of your medications and dosages to the pre-op nurse, you will need to bring all of your medications with you.
- Wear comfortable, casual clothing. Do not wear makeup, nail polish or contact lenses; if you wear contact lenses, please bring the lens case with you.
- Leave all valuables, including jewelry, at home.
- Bring your insurance cards, picture ID and co-pay.
If you have any questions before or after your surgery, please contact us at (843) 958-2625.