Urologic Cancer Care at Roper St. Francis
The Kidney and Urothelial Tract Oncology program at Roper St. Francis offers comprehensive, multidisciplinary care to patients with all stages of urologic cancers, including cancers of the kidney, and transitional cell cancers of the renal pelvis, ureter, bladder, and urethra, as well as seminoma and non-seminomatous testis cancer. Our team includes board certified experts in urology, medical oncology, radiation oncology and others who work together to develop the most effective treatment plan possible for each patient.
Diagnosing Urologic Cancer
At Roper St. Francis, our team of expert doctors uses the most advanced imaging, molecular, and pathologic techniques for the evaluation and diagnosis of urologic cancers.
Urologic Cancer Treatment
Our surgeons have a high level of expertise treating urologic cancers. Using the latest treatment options, we provide the highest quality care and aim for the very best outcomes. Your individualized treatment plan will be developed based on the characteristics of your tumor and your overall health, possibly including:
- Surgical resection, either robotic, minimally invasive laparoscopic resection, or open
- Interventional therapy – including cryotherapy, radio frequency ablation, and irreversible electroporation
- Chemotherapy – shrinks or kills cancer with powerful medications that may be given in pill form or through IV infusion
- Targeted therapies – treatments that block specific signals to the cancer cells and their environment
- Immunotherapy – treatments that harness the body’s own immune system to halt cancer
- Radiation – shrinks tumor before surgery and reduces risk of recurrence after surgery
- Intravesical chemo- or immune-therapy for bladder cancer
- Clinical trials for patients who meet criteria.
Multidisciplinary Care Plan
The treatment plan of most patients is discussed and agreed upon at a case presentation conference attended by the experts in all facets of urologic cancer care.
Cancer Support Services
The cancer journey is often frightening, confusing and overwhelming – often involving physical, financial and emotional challenges for you and your family. From diagnosis to survivorship, we have numerous resources available to support you during your cancer journey, including the holistic services provided by the Donna Fielding Cancer Wellness Institute.
Learn more about our support programs for urologic cancers.