Bon Secour St. Francis (BSSF)/Roper St. Francis Healthcare (RSFH) committees and task forces that model multidisciplinary membership and interdisciplinary decision-making include: Medication Safety Team, Clinical Informatics Planning and Advisory council, Ethics Committee, Patient Throughput Team, Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Infection Control, Quality Management, Environment of Care, Workplace Violence Team, Patient Satisfaction Team, Emergency Management Committee, and the Institutional Review Board.
Compared to Professional Research Consultants, Inc.'s (PRC) 100+ hospital database, our RN staff consistently ranks BSSF in the top decile on cooperation and teamwork between departments, communication and likelihood of working for this hospital one year from now.
BSSF strives to be a model corporate citizen. Examples of our nurses' involvement in our community include:
- Screenings and health fairs
- Staff fundraising and participation in the American Hearth Association’s annual HeartWalk, Water Missions International, Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, Dragon Boat Race, and others
- Safe Sitter classes sponsored onsite by St. Francis’ WIC
- Teenage childbirth education classes
- Provision of AEDs in schools and churches
- Day of Caring (Trident United Way), and the
- Annual Pregnancy Celebration